Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fun-filled Weekend with Daddy

I have to say a great big THANK YOU to my mom and dad for using some of their airline miles to get Mike down here for a long weekend to be with us. We didn't tell Aubrey that Mike was coming. In fact, I told Aubrey we were picking up a friend of ours from the airport, so the entire time she was looking for Kerry. :) Once she saw Mike, she was actually in shock, I think. She turned around and looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and said "huh, there's my daddy". We got her good. We didn't get home and get into bed until after midnight, closer to one actually. Mike, who on a work day is up at 4:30 AM and who NEVER sleeps past 7 on the weekends, slept until 8:30, YAY! He got some much needed and deserved rest. The grass was out of control from all the rain we have been getting and he spent what we thought would be the morning doing the yard work....until the riding mower died. We have a backup mower, but it doesn't have as wide of a cutting base and is slower, so the yard actually took most of the day. Then we moved the patio furniture and power washed the patio. I scrubbed down all the back windows and french doors. We got done just in time for the afternoon severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings, lol. We stayed home and I grilled tuna. We played games with Aubrey and hung out watching some TV together.

On Saturday, we went down to Cityplace and watched Kung Fu Panda. It was cute in some places, but slow the first hour. It had a good point...if you believe in yourself you can be anything, but to truly enjoy it, I think you would have to be a fan of actual kung fu movies. We stopped and got Mike's haircut and then came home to get ready to grill out with the family. Zack and his girlfriend Macy along with Mike's mom came down for the evening. We had Porterhouse steaks, new potatoes with a chive butter sauce, honey bourbon carrots, bread sticks with fresh roasted garlic, deviled eggs and spice cake for dessert. We watched Aubrey with her antics for a while and took some family pictures. Mike also got to go out during a tornado warning and get gas for our grill...wouldn't you know that it ran out before I even got the grill heated up. :)

Sunday was an extremely LAZY day. We did not get up until after 7, and we napped (several times), played games with Aubrey, snacked and watched the Nascar Race. I made pan seared salmon with a citrus, ginger marinade that was delish with fresh garlic roasted mashed potatoes, tossed salad and biscuits. Did I mention it was a lazy day? We were in bed and asleep by 9:30, lol.

Monday, Mike had to go back to TN. We went to take Aubrey for her dental cleaning, ran a few errands and then spent an hour or so at the South Florida Science Museum. We left from there and went to eat lunch at one of Mike's more favorite spots "The Gun Club Cafe". We had a few hours before he had to be at the airport, so we went back to the house for a bit. After completely breaking down at the airport (both Aubrey & I), Aubrey and I went to run a few errands. I treated her to a little ring pop (her request to help her take her mind off daddy leaving). Mike called to let us know that not only was his flight from West Palm to Tampa delayed, but his flight from Tampa to Nashville was also delayed. Instead of getting home at 9:30 PM from Nashville, Mike got home at 3:45 AM. When I spoke to him earlier, he was exhausted and was heading to bed early.

No comments: