Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not a very sucessful blogger, lol

I am trying, I really am. I have not posted since January. 5 months have gone by. Let's see...my Gramma Wolske moved permanently to heaven on January 23rd and Aubrey & I drove to TN to pick up Mike and then we headed over to Indiana for a few days. Thanks to Gramma Irene that Aubrey & I were able to see Mike. :) We spent a week in TN with Mike and I have to say it was a little chilly, lol.

Aubrey enjoyed her year at The Children's Academy with Ms. Sylvia and Ms. Stephanie. They did tons of fun stuff. Aubrey enjoyed herself and made lots of little friends, but mommy is enjoying NOT driving 25 miles each day to take and pick up Aubrey. :) We carpooled with Mitchell Grenier two days a week and that helped me tremendously with Mike being gone.

Mike has been gone for 5 months and this has been harder than I ever expected. I have been reminded that he IS my best friend, my provider and my protector. Aubrey misses her daddy tremendously and I pray every day that our home sells quickly. Mike has moved his office from Sevierville to Knoxville, which will be closer to the area that we like and want to move to. Hopefully, he will only be a 15-20 minute ride to and from work, woo hoo! And he said he might be able to work some from home which means we might actually get to eat breakfast together :D We have found a home that we like, but aren't sure it is "the one". We are also looking into trying to get some land, so that we can have a mini-farm. Mike would like to have some animals: Cows, goats, pigs, chickens and I would like to have: Horses, chickens and a garden. With the cost of food and wanting to eat healthy, a mini-farm would work well for us, I think.

I am excited about homeschooling Aubrey in the fall. I have almost everything picked out, I just need to sit down and put all my ideas into lesson plans. Aubrey is excited too and we plan on getting Mike in on the action as well, lol. Aubrey has begun doing a little homeschooling now, but mainly just worksheet type stuff and reading. I want to get her in the habit of reading daily. I used to and have gotten out of the habit. I am going to continue to work with some of the clients I have in Florida with Faythe and will also work on IRS/Tax projects as needed. I plan on getting my scrapbooking stuff organized and getting started with card making, scrapbooking and sewing once we get settled, once again which I pray is SOOOOOOONNNNNNNN! LOL

I have adjusted to the idea of moving and living in a totally different home, city and state. I have to say with some sadness that I will definately miss South Florida. Everytime I go into town, I see someone I know at Target, at the intersection sitting at a light, at the bank....it's that familiarity I will miss. I lived here for more than 10 years before I began "running" into people, lol. I am also going to miss Publix, lol. They just announced that they are buying several South Florida Albertson's....wish they would buy some Food Lion's in the Knoxville area. I have yet to find another grocery that is clean and has as good of customer service at Publix. I am looking forward to good BBQ and have found several good places up there, but still none that hold a candle to Park Avenue. I can't wait to have a Sonic close, lol We are getting one here, and it opens on Monday....woo hoo!!!! Wonder if I can be the first customer, j/k :D I would like to have a home that allows us plenty of room, but I know that God will provide what we "need." I have mixed feelings about finding and joining a new church. As you all know, we LOVE our church! We love the people, we love the opportunities in growth they offer. I know God has a plan for us, and I know he will reveal it in due time.

I celebrated my 34th birthday this April in TN with Mike & Aubrey. We had a great day. Breakfast out at Cracker Barrell, just me and Aub. Off to the salon to get pedicures, lunch with Mike & Aub at Bennett's and then dinner at The Park Grille in Gatlinburg for a delicious steak! It was a teriffic day. Mike and Aubrey each got cards for me and Mike picked up a cake....that was Aubrey's favorite. I got a new digital camera that I love for my birthday. It is fantastic. It is the Panasonic Lumix and I highly recommend it. Now, I need to add digital video camera to my list of wants, lol.

Aubrey is growing so tall and is so smart. I don't say that because she is my baby, but because she truly is. I am amazed every day at her sayings and comments. Her latest thing when something exciting happens is "geez o pete" lol. I thought "where on earth did she get that from?" Then I heard myself when I looked out the window and saw the ferocious lightning this afternoon *snort* She is such a sponge and has a servant's heart. She loves to watch the cooking shows on Food Network and always asks if she can help me in the kitchen. I hope that sticks, lol.

I am getting tired and have a super full day tomorrow, so I will sign off for tonight.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I'm not a very faithful blogger either! But, I'm working on it!