Sunday, January 20, 2008

I am slacking already

Well, it isn't even the end of January yet and I have already slacked on this blog. Since my last post, I have had a root canal, Aubrey had her first trip to the dentist, we started our new bible study at church, I am trying to get 3 boxes a week packed of stuff we don't "need" right now...as well as purge things that we are not going to need or don't use. I dropped off 4 boxes of stuff to Goodwill earlier this week and I have two full boxes of goods and toys to donate to a local family who lost their home to a fire. They have two young children. It is so awesome how God uses my inability to be COMPLETELY organized, lol. I had purchased the movie, "Charlotte's Web" for Aubrey for Christmas and this year I did not keep a detailed record as I usually do of who I got what and what I still needed to get. I forgot about the movie and on Christmas Day, Aubrey opened up one from her GG. The SAME movie. I was planning on taking it back; however, this movie was also on the wish list of the kids who lost their home. God is SO good!

Aubrey has had a stomach virus last night and today, that started at 4 this morning. She hasn't thrown up since this morning, but has felt like she wanted to several times. She finally fell asleep on the couch about 3:30 this afternoon. I have been busy with some client work for Faythe and I have been working most of the day in my spare bedroom. I boxed up three different boxes of stuff and am going thru a ton of paperwork/bills/medical stuff that needs to be filed.

Dinner tonight will be light, so hopefully Aubrey will be able to hold it down. If she gets all green stars this week, I promised her a trip to the fair. We got discounted (free) tickets, but she had a rough couple of days at home listening and obeying last week. Thank goodness the fair is almost 3 weeks long.

I hope everyone is staying warm. It's a whopping 57 right now, which is chilly for us. Mike is at a balmy 25 right now in Gatlinburg. Gonna run, he should be calling in shortly.

No comments: