Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mike's First Day of Work in Tennessee

Today is Mike's first day at his new job in Tennessee and in true Mike Spear fashion, he was at the office a couple of hours early waiting for his boss, lol. He said it is really cold and it snowed a bit last night. I am anxiously awaiting his phone call tonight to see how his first day went.

Today, so far has been a better day for Aubrey. She hasn't told me 100 times that she misses her daddy and isn't near as emotional when I tell her no about something. I am starting to get the house back to normal from the holidays and plan on utilizing tomorrow and the weekend to get as much done before Aubrey begins school again. Last night was a much better night sleeping for both Aubrey and I.

We are having a cold spell that is very welcomed! It has been very windy last night and today. High of 55 today with it going down to 36 tonight. Looks like I will be able to leave the air off until Saturday. I am heading into the garage tomorrow to break down the boxes that we didn't use for Mike's move and then will begin "organizing" it, so that I can use that for packing central. I plan on starting to pack the items that we don't use as often and get them to the garage. My personal goal is to pack the house up, so when we close on it all Mike will need to do is get the truck and load it up. :)

Zack is due back from Colorado on Friday and still plans to come out once a week for dinner. He also has agreed to take care of the lawn for us until the house sells. He starts school again on Monday and I think that he will begin college prep testing again soon. If his mom doesn't have plans for his Spring Break, he is going to go with us up to Tennessee to see Mike (if our house isn't sold by then) and if it is, we hope he'll consider flying up for the week anyway. :)

Aubrey is down for her nap and I need to get up and finish the kitchen, laundry and cleaning out the fridges and freezers....until later.....

No comments: